Madison Foulkes| Lifestyle Writer| email@example.com
It’s that time of year again! The falling leaves and warm colors are here to stay for the next few months. Liven up your dorm, apartment, or house with these cute, easy decorations. Included in this article are a colorful garland, a playful pumpkin, and a block sign. All materials can be found at your local craft store and are fairly inexpensive. Follow these directions or get creative with your own ideas!
- Cut a 4-5 feet of twine (or desired length of garland).
- Cut enough fabric triangles to fill up the twine. I used 5 triangles for the 4.5 foot piece of twine. Make sure that they are a little larger than you want them to be when you hang them up.
- Cut one inch strips at the top corner of the triangles. This is so you can later tie them on the piece of twine.
- Tie fabric triangle around the twine using the one inch strips you just cut.
- Repeat for as many triangles as you cut out
White acrylic paint
- Paint the pumpkin your desired color. I used white because I thought it would give it a cleaner look and more things could show up. If you use a lighter color you might need to use two coats of paint.
- Place stickers and phrases randomly around the pumpkin.
Acrylic paint in desired colors
- Paint the blocks the base color that you want. I used black and white so that the words would pop.
- Trace the stencils onto the blocks.
- Color in words with desired colors. I used orange on the black and black on the white.
- Decorate with scrapbooking stickers.